The Ultimate Tomahawk Steak Sharing Feast
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
This box is filled with everything you need to wow a loved one with a show-stopping Tomahawk steak feast; with an incredibly tender dry-aged Tomahawk steak, followed by a rich & delicate St Jude artisan cheese and Charbonnel et Walker Marc de Champagne Truffles.
Treat yourself and a loved one to a beautiful, home cooked meal, using the best ingredients.
Your box will include:
- 48oz Tomahawk Steak
Our Master Butchers, Phillip and Alastair, are experts in sourcing and hand selecting the finest quality, locally reared meat. You'll see our own Ruby Red cattle grazing on the banks of the River Clyst - a native Devon breed producing the highest quality beef. The Reds are a slower growing breed & they take time to grow to their natural maturity - producing something a little bit special.
The 40 day hung and dry aged Tomahawk Steak is an on-the-bone rib steak, cut from the fore rib with the entire rib bone left. This impressive and delicious steak is perfect for sharing on a special occasion or for a romantic meal - it is no wonder that the Tomahawk is a firm favourite of world-class chefs Michael Caines (MBE) and Raymond Blanc (OBE).
- The Tomato Stall Cherry Vine Tomatoes
The Tomato Stall have been been growing tomatoes in the rich and fertile Arreton Valley for almost 15 years. The Island’s unique maritime climate and their southern location on the Isle of Wight boasts some of the best sunshine levels in the UK, helping them to grow some of Britain's tastiest tomatoes.
- Forest Fungi King Oyster Mushroom
Scott and his family grow their gourmet, organic mushrooms in Dawlish. Their 'Shroom Rooms' create a micro climate similar to that in Asia - meaning the family team provide the highest quality care and attention throughout the whole growing process, resulting in the best tasting, fresh mushrooms!
- The Bay Tree Peppercorn Sauce
Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces; this creamy sauce is the perfect partner for steak!
- The Garlic Farm Bulb of Garlic
Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
- Darts Own Flower Sprouts
A cross between kale and brussels sprouts, these mini superfoods have a delicate, sweet nutty flavour and are best steamed.
- 1kg Darts Own Potatoes
Beautiful, fresh and full of flavour! Devon New Potatoes are incredibly versatile; they are delicious simply boiled with a knob of butter or fried with little bit of garlic and rosemary.
Not forgetting a few fresh sprigs of Rosemary...the herb's piney flavour makes it a wonderful pairing to beef. We recommend using the garlic, rosemary and some salt as a rub before frying with butter!
- St Jude Cheese
A complex, delicate & moosey raw milk soft cheese made by Julie Cheyney in Suffolk. Perfect for date night!
- Toast for Cheese
Made with Cherries, Almonds & Linseeds by the Fine Cheese Company in Bath. The perfect balance of crunch & chewiness, letting the cheese to the talking with subtle fruity hits.
- 50g of Damson Paste
A lovely tart accompaniment to cheese, handmade in Bermondsey.
CHARBONNEL ET WALKER TRUFFLES
A beautiful meal finished with a box of beautiful artisan Charbonnel et Walker Chocolate Champagne Truffles, handmade according to traditional recipes and are renowned for their luscious richness and unforgettable silky taste.
Make sure you don’t forget the drink – add a bit of sparkle with a bottle of Pebblebed Sparkling Rose, made just a mile down the road, or if you prefer a romantic red, it’s got to be one of our new Natural wines… Terre de Mistral Cote Du Rhone.
How to cook your Tomahawk Steak…
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Season the steak with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- If you have an oven proof pan like a cast iron skillet, large enough to fit it, use butter or oil to sear the steak on all sides over medium-high heat. (If a large cast iron is not available, simply place the tomahawk in the oven for 15 minutes at 240ºc and then lower the temperature to 200ºc)
- Once the tomahawk is evenly browned on all sides, place it on a rack and put it in the oven with the remaining garlic and rosemary. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 55ºc-57ºc, remember the internal temperature of the steak will continue to rise after coming out of the oven.
- Let the steak rest for at least 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Carve the steak off the bone and slice against the grain.
- Serve with your potatoes, fresh veg and The Bay Tree Peppercorn Sauce and enjoy!
King Oyster Mushroom
Carefully slice your mushroom in half lengthways and lightly score a diagonal crisscross pattern into the cut side.
Place a pan over a high heat and once it is almost smoking, add a drizzle of olive oil and the mushroom (cut side down).
Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden in colour.
Add butter, once melted season with salt and garlic.
Turn the mushroom over and baste with the butter until cooked through and then drain on kitchen roll.
Roasted Cherry Vine Tomatoes
Put the tomatoes, still on the vine, onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for around 15 minutes. Spoon over the oil and juices to serve.
Cook to preference, whether that is steaming or roasting in olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper!