For Two - Succulent Rack of Lamb
CLICK-COLLECT and HOME DELIVERY | WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
Dine at home with ingredients used by world-class chefs!
This box contains everything that you need for an succulent lamb meal, for two people, in the comfort of your own home.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply fancy a treat at the weekend, this meal box is the perfect solution.
Your 'Succulent Rack of Lamb' box will include;
- 6 Bone Rack of Locally Reared Lamb, from our Master Butchers
The eye of the meat with the rib bones left on. This cut can be cooked whole or cut through to create wonderful lamb lollipops. A great centrepiece for dinner parties and celebratory feasting; this cut of meat will not only impress visually, but with its rich flavour and tender, buttery soft texture.
Our lambs are hand selected by our Master Butchers, Philip and Alastair David, from Exeter Market and direct from local farms. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the highest quality lamb.
- 1kg Devon New Potatoes - Beautiful, fresh and full of flavour! Optimal climatic conditions mean that Cornwall and Devon yield the earliest of the UKs potato crop each year. Devon New Potatoes are incredibly versatile; they are delicious simply boiled with a knob of butter or fried with little bit of garlic and rosemary.
- Punnet of Flower Sprouts, fresh from our fields - A cross between kale and brussels sprouts, these mini superfoods have a delicate, sweet nutty flavour and are best steamed.
- The Bay Tree Rich and Fruity Redcurrant & Rosemary Sauce - Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces
- 1 x Bulb of Garlic, grown on The Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight - Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
- Bunch of Carrots
- Bunch of Fresh Mint
- Bunch of Fresh Rosemary
To prepare you rack of lamb, stack in a china or glass baking dish and scatter the crush garlic, rosemary & half of the mint over the top, and drizzle with olive oil. Leave to marinate in the fridge for up to 4 hours (or overnight!).
When you are ready to start cooking, preheat your over to 220° c (200° fan, gas mark 7). Season generously with salt & pepper.
Heat a large, heavy frying pan over a moderately high heat and brown your rack(s) well on the meaty side for 1-2 minutes, then turn and brown the other sides for a further 1 minute. Finally, brown the ends briefly so that all exposed meat is seared.
Place your rack into a large roasting time. If you are cooking more than one rack, stand them in pairs with their bones interlinked and roast for your preferred time:
· Very pink meat 8 minutes
· Medium 17-20 minutes
· Well-done 25 minutes
Allow to rest on a warmed plate, covered loosely with foil for 5 minutes before carving. If rested for longer, return to the oven for a minute or so before serving to bring back up to temperature.
Carve into cutlets and serve with your potatoes, fresh veg and The Bay Tree Redcurrant & Rosemary Sauce.
We recommend steaming your flower sprouts for 3-4 minutes and drizzling with olive oil, or roasting with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper with your carrots!
Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and roast in the oven! If you have some local honey, try mixing this with your olive oil for an extra treat.
Bring the potatoes to the boil in enough lightly salted water to cover.
Turn the heat to a very low simmer and cook until fork tender. This could take up to 30 minutes.
Drain and add 4 tablespoons of butter, mint, garlic, salt and pepper potatoes with the seasoned butter.