For Four - Pork Fillet wrapped in Parma Ham
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
Dine at home with ingredients used by world-class chefs!
This box contains everything that you need for an succulent pork meal, for four people, in the comfort of your own home.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply fancy a treat at the weekend, this meal box is the perfect solution.
Your 'Pork Fillet Wrapped in Parma Ham' box will include;
- 28oz Locally Reared Pork Tenderloin, from our Master Butchers - The most tender cut of pork, the tenderloin melts like butter in your mouth, is full of flavour and is a must try for any meat lover. Situated high along the side of the pig, running parallel to the spine, the tenderloin is otherwise known as the pork fillet. It's a muscle that hasn't worked very hard during the animal's life which gives it an incredibly soft texture.
- 200g of Parma Ham, freshly cut by our Deli Experts
- 2KG Large Potatoes, grown in our fields - Our beautiful, hand-picked potatoes are full of flavour and incredibly versatile. From roasties and mash, to homemade chips and dauphinoise, they are the perfect accompaniment.
- The Bay Tree Smooth and Creamy Mushroom Sauce - Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces; this creamy sauce is the perfect partner for steak!
- 2 x King Oyster Mushrooms, locally grown by Forest Fungi - Scott and his family grow their gourmet, organic mushrooms in Dawlish. Their 'Shroom Rooms' create a micro climate similar to that in Asia - meaning the family team provide the highest quality care and attention throughout the whole growing process, resulting in the best tasting, fresh mushrooms!
- 2 x Small Jars of Darts Farm Honey, from our own hives - Our friend and devoted beekeeper Phillip collects our pure Devon honey straight from our hives, always ensuring an ample amount is left to support our busy bees. Our bees are crucial to sustaining our local biodiversity; pollenating our crops, pastures and hedgerows to help our land around the Clyst Valley flourish. Our delicately flavoured honey is a sweet reminder of the hard work and passion that goes into preserving our beautiful landscape so please savour every last drop.
- 1 Bulb of Garlic, grown on The Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight - Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
- Darts Own Flower Sprouts - A cross between kale and brussels sprouts, these mini superfoods have a delicate, sweet nutty flavour and are best steamed.
- Bag of Spinach
- Melt some butter (approx. 30g) in a saucepan and cook the spinach for a few minutes until just cooked. Drain, squeeze out any excess liquid and allow to cool.
- Lay a large piece of cling film on a chopping board and brush with olive oil. Lay out 5 slices of Parma ham across the width of the board so it overlaps slightly. Spread half of the spinach over the ham.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, when it is very hot seal the fillet(s).
- Place your fillet on top of the spinach, season and use the cling film to roll the ham around the fillet and secure tightly with the cling film. If you are preparing a second fillet, repeat this method. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°c (gas mark 4). Remove the wrapped pork from the cling film and place on a lined baking tray. Drizzle in honey (sprinkling with some crushed garlic if you would like) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thick slices and serving with your potatoes, fresh veg and mushroom sauce.
We recommend steaming your flower sprouts for 3-4 minutes and drizzling with olive oil, or roasting with olive oil,
sea salt and black pepper!
King Oyster Mushroom
Carefully slice your mushroom in half lengthways and lightly score a diagonal crisscross pattern into the cut side.
Place a pan over a high heat and once it is almost smoking, add a drizzle of olive oil and the mushroom (cut side down).
Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden in colour.
Add butter, once melted season with salt and garlic.
Turn the mushroom over and baste with the butter until cooked through and then drain on kitchen roll.