For Two - Beef Wellington, Date Night
Dine at home with ingredients used by world-class chefs!
This box contains everything that you need for a beautiful meal for two people, in the comfort of your own home.
Your 'Beef Wellington, Date Night' box will include;
- 2 x Beef Wellingtons, handmade by our Master Butchers
- 1kg New Potatoes
- Punnet of Flower Sprouts, fresh from our fields
- Tomato Stall Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- Forest Fungi King Oyster Mushroom
- The Garlic Farm Bulb of Garlic
- The Bay Tree Rich & Warming Aromatic Red Wine Gravy
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply fancy a treat at the weekend, this meal box is the perfect solution.
- To cook you individual beef wellingtons, place them on a sheet of baking paper and bring to room temperature. Pre-heat the oven and baking tray to 200° c (180° fan, gas mark 6).
- Brush the beef wellington with whisked egg and place on the baking tray and pop in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked let the beef wellington rest for a few minutes before serving with your potatoes, flower sprouts, tomatoes and mushroom.
- We recommend using your garlic to make a garlic butter for your new potatoes… Simply crush some garlic and salt in a pestle and mortar, then mix in chopped soft herbs and butter and mould together. Spoon into clingfilm and roll into a sausage shape and refrigerate to slice into attractive rounds when you are ready to serve.
We recommend steaming your flower sprouts for 3-4 minutes and drizzling with olive oil, or roasting with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper!
King Oyster Mushroom
Carefully slice your mushroom in half lengthways and lightly score a diagonal crisscross pattern into the cut side.
Place a pan over a high heat and once it is almost smoking, add a drizzle of olive oil and the mushroom (cut side down).
Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden in colour.
Add butter, once melted season with salt and garlic.
Turn the mushroom over and baste with the butter until cooked through and then drain on kitchen roll.
Roasted Cherry Vine Tomatoes
Put the tomatoes, still on the vine, onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for around 15 minutes. Spoon over the oil and juices to serve.