For Four - Shepherd's Roast Meal Hamper
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
Dine at home with ingredients used by world-class chefs!
This box contains everything that you need for a succulent lamb roast, for 4 people, in the comfort of your own home... including a box of Rococo Chocolate Eggs for a sweet treat!
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, enjoying an Easter feast or simply fancy a treat at the weekend, this roast box is the perfect solution.
Your ‘Shepherd’s Roast Meal' box will include;
- Shepherd's Roast, from our Master Butchers
Spring is officially here and for us that means one thing… incredibly sweet and succulent Spring Lamb! As well as a few other local farmers, we work closely with Ben Mortimore who farms just across the River Exe at Powderham. He has a flock of Poll Dorset ewes; a unique, native breed that are beautifully suited to the mild and sheltered micro-climate of the Exe Estuary. They tend to lamb earlier than most commercial flocks, giving us some of the earliest lamb in the country.
Our Shepherd's Roast is a whole shoulder of lamb, skilfully boned, de-fatted, then rolled around a cylinder of our hand-blended stuffing by our Master Butchers. Easy to carve and delicious!
- 2kg Devon New Potatoes - Beautiful, fresh and full of flavour! Optimal climatic conditions mean that Cornwall and Devon yield the earliest of the UKs potato crop each year. Devon New Potatoes are incredibly versatile; they are delicious simply boiled with a knob of butter or fried with little bit of garlic and rosemary.
- 750g Broccoli - Delicious simply steamed, or in a Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese!
- 750g Parsnips - You can't beat golden, honey glazed parsnips with a Sunday roast!
- 750g Carrots - Incredibly versatile, we love our carrots roasted with honey, for something a little different try adding some garlic!
- 1 x Cauliflower -Whether you're steaming, roasting or making cauli cheese, you can't be the nutty and sweet flavour of cauliflower.
- 1 x Bulb of Garlic, grown on The Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight - Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
- Bunch of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 x The Bay Tree Rich and Fruity Redcurrant & Rosemary Gravy - Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces
- Rose Farm Mint Sauce - Crafted locally in Wedmore, Somerset, using carefully selected ingredients to produce unique local and family recipes made by hand in open pans.; this mint sauce is brimming with the flavour of real mint which has been grown in Britain. You can't beat the classic combination of mint sauce and roast lamb!
- Rococo Chocolate Eggs
These remarkably realistic, handcrafted chocolate eggs are finished with a fine sugar shell! Founded almost 40 years ago, the Rococo chocolatiers craft all of their amazing chocolates by hand in small batches in their London kitchen. The team are passionate about using only the best and most ethically sourced ingredients; working with cocoa suppliers who are attentive to sustainability and to a fairer cocoa industry.
Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan, Gas Mark 2)
Cover with tin foil and roast at 150°C for 2 and a 1/2 hours.
Remove the tin foil then increase the heat to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4) for fifteen minutes.
Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Serve with the redcurrant & rosemary gravy, veg, crispy roast potatoes and a dollop of mint sauce!
Carrots & Parsnips
Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and roast in the oven! If you have some local honey, try mixing this with your olive oil for an extra treat.
Cauliflower & Broccoli
However you like them - steamed, boiled or baked with your favourite British Farmhouse cheddar!
For us it has to be roasties! For the best roast potatoes, parboil them for 10 minutes before popping on to a tray and covering in your favourite cooking oil. The higher the smoking point of the cooking fat, the crispier the spuds!