Charcuterie Tasting Experience
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
Everything you need for the ultimate charcuterie board!
Your 'Charcuterie Tasting Experience' box will include...
Founders, Pete, Jim and Steve, handcraft their award-winning cured meats just a few miles down the road in Topsham; using just salt, the natural Exe Estuary air and locally sourced meat.
- Tuscan Salami - A classic Italian style salami with fennel, garlic and loads of red wine. A good fat to meat ratio. It is claimed to have antiseptic and healing qualities.
Capreolus Fine Foods
Capreolus is an award-winning family owned English artisan charcuterie producer in Rampisham, West Dorset. David and Karen craft their amazing charcuterie using only meat reared locally in the West Country; from traditional and rare breeds wherever possible creating a wonderfully delicate and distinguished flavour.
- Smoked Mutton - Leg of mutton from free range sheep bred and raised in the British Isles is cured with rosemary, juniper, garlic, black pepper, and port. It is then fermented and air-dried before being smoked over beech wood. A most wonderful, robust and unexpected flavour for this ready-to-eat soft, supple and extremely delicious sliced meat. It makes a fine salad served with some wild rocket, shavings of Parmesan and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
- Guanciale - Guanciale is the cheek of the pig which has been cured, fermented and air-dried in a similar way to pancetta. Guanciale has more fat than pancetta, but as a result has a huge depth of flavour. The fat is transformed by the curing and fermenting process and becomes silky and unctuous. Not only is this delicious on its own, but is amazing in pasta dishes.
- Dorset Air-Dried Ham - The legs of Oxford Sandy & Black pigs, bred in Halstock, are cured with pepper and fennel and are then air-dried for many months in their maturing room. This long process makes the meat meltingly tender and the fat becomes silky smooth and full of flavour. Try serving this ready to eat meat with fresh figs and a chilled Beaujolais or a fine rosé wine
- Dorset Air-Dried Beef - The beef is cured with black pepper, rosemary, thyme, and juniper berries before being slowly air-dried in their maturing room for several weeks. The texture is firm but supple and the colour is a deep rich red with a flavour to match. Try serving this with a fine drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, squeeze of fresh lemon and a little freshly ground black pepper.