Italian Artisans Festive Hamper
Mainland UK Delivery | Not Sundays
A selection of our favourite Italian artisans, sourced from small scale producers that champion slow food and are obsessed with provenance. These are some of the finest ingredients, accompaniments and showstoppers in the world. From Mario Fontana's romantic Barberra D'Alba Barolo to Vallebona's handmade pannetone, this hamper would be any foodies dream this Christmas!
Products come in a beautiful branded wicker hamper (18 x 42 x 28cm).
*At times hamper contents may vary due to stock availability, but items will be replaced with products of the same or higher value and quality.
CHRISTMAS ORDERS - Please order by 18th December for guaranteed Christmas delivery. We cannot guarantee that orders placed after 18th December will arrive in time for Christmas due to the courier service working hours.
Your hamper will include:
- Cascina Fontana Barbera D'Alba Wine - Our friend Mario Fontana and his family are the 6th generation to produce Barbera d’Alba on the steep slopes of their vineyard in Barolo, Italy. The Barbera grape variety has thrived in the region for centuries, possessing a bold, deep structure due to the areas’ high elevation. This particular wine has an aromatic profile of dark fruits and liquorice that evolves into balsamic notes.
- D.Barbero Chocolate Coated Breadsticks - With a crisp crunch, followed by a wonderful contrast of savoury breadstick and sweet bitterness of dark chocolate , these hand-dipped grissini are simply delicious. For 5 generations (over 150 years!), Davide Barbero's family have been crafting world class torrone (Italian nougat), chocolate and confectionary in the Piedmont region of Italy.
- Vallabona Pannetone - Vallebona produce this delicious, traditional Italian Christmas cake using a secret recipe that has been passed down through generations. This panettone is light, moist and we think it is the most delicious that we have ever tried.
- Panforte - Handcrafted in Tuscany by Antichi Dolci Di Siena, Panforte is a traditional, chewy Italian cake that is similar to a Florentine. Crafted with honey, spices, light flavoured candied fruit, almonds and sprinkled with vanilla sugar, each bite is full of delicious flavour - the perfect cake to share with loved ones at Christmas time!
- Manaresi Ground Coffee - Produced in Tuscany’s oldest roastery, Manaresi coffee is crafted using traditional methods and the highest quality beans. The unique flavour and indulgent aroma creates the best Italian espresso you’ll ever taste!
- Gianni Calogiuri L'Olio Extra Virgin Olive Oil - The Calogiuri family have been traditionally hand-crafting oil and vinegar in Puglia, Italy, for 6 generations. Today, they hand-craft their extra virgin olive oil using a rare traditional method called “affiorato”; Calogiuri are 1 of 3 artisans in the whole of Italy to still use this technique.The oil is first cold-pressed immediately after harvesting the olives - which happens only once a year, in November - and then left to rise to the surface on its own. It is then hand-collected in jugs to be bottled. There’s no extraction pressure and minimal harm to the delicate olives, giving the olive oil a dense, full-bodied texture and the full flavor of the original fruit.This rich and dense Italian extra virgin olive oil is a true delight to the senses, adding texture and silky flavor to any recipe.
- Ricciarelli Di Siena Amaretti - Handcrafted in Tuscany by Antichi Dolci Di Siena, Ricciarelli are traditional, very soft Italian biscuit. Crafted with almonds, honey, sugar and softened with egg white; each biscuit is expertly hand-worked one by one before being cooked gently in the oven and sprinkled with sugar icing.