For Two - Spring Lamb Roast Meal Hamper
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
Dine at home with ingredients used by world-class chefs!
This box contains everything that you need for a succulent leg of spring lamb roast, for two people, in the comfort of your own home... including a box of Rococo Chocolate Eggs for a sweet treat!
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, enjoying an Easter feast or simply fancy a treat at the weekend, this roast box is the perfect solution.
Your 'Spring Lamb Roast' box will include;
- ½ Leg of Spring Lamb (Fillet End, 1.3kg), from our Master Butchers
Spring is officially here and for us that means one thing… incredibly sweet and succulent Spring Lamb! As well as a few other local farmers, we work closely with Ben Mortimore who farms just across the River Exe at Powderham. He has a flock of Poll Dorset ewes; a unique, native breed that are beautifully suited to the mild and sheltered micro-climate of the Exe Estuary. They tend to lamb earlier than most commercial flocks, giving us some of the earliest lamb in the country.
Full of robust and delicious flavour, this wonderfully tender joint is perfect for Sunday lunch and a real family favourite. For a real show-stopper, we recommend making some slits in the side and stuffing with rosemary and garlic.
- 1kg Devon New Potatoes - Beautiful, fresh and full of flavour! Optimal climatic conditions mean that Cornwall and Devon yield the earliest of the UKs potato crop each year. Devon New Potatoes are incredibly versatile; they are delicious simply boiled with a knob of butter or fried with little bit of garlic and rosemary.
- 500g Broccoli - Delicious simply steamed, or in a Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese!
- 500g Parsnips - You can't beat golden, honey glazed parsnips with a Sunday roast!
- 500g Carrots - Incredibly versatile, we love our carrots roasted with honey, for something a little different try adding some garlic!
- 1 x Cauliflower -Whether you're steaming, roasting or making cauli cheese, you can't be the nutty and sweet flavour of cauliflower.
- 1 x Bulb of Garlic, grown on The Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight - Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
- Bunch of Fresh Rosemary
- The Bay Tree Rich and Fruity Redcurrant & Rosemary Gravy - Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces
- Rose Farm Mint Sauce - Crafted locally in Wedmore, Somerset, using carefully selected ingredients to produce unique local and family recipes made by hand in open pans.; this mint sauce is brimming with the flavour of real mint which has been grown in Britain. You can't beat the classic combination of mint sauce and roast lamb!
- Rococo Chocolate Eggs
These remarkably realistic, handcrafted chocolate eggs are finished with a fine sugar shell! Founded almost 40 years ago, the Rococo chocolatiers craft all of their amazing chocolates by hand in small batches in their London kitchen. The team are passionate about using only the best and most ethically sourced ingredients; working with cocoa suppliers who are attentive to sustainability and to a fairer cocoa industry.
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan, Gas Mark 7)
When roasting a leg of lamb, our Master Butchers recommend cooking for 20 minutes at 220°C (200°C fan), and then 20 minutes per 450g at 190°C (170°C fan). For the half leg of lamb fillet end, you will need to cook it at 190°C for approximately 60 minutes.
Before placing in the oven, make several deep and wide slits in the joint between the bones season and stuff with garlic, rosemary and seasoning.
Place onto a rack in a roasting tin and open roast in a preheated oven for the calculated cooking time.
Optional -10 minutes before the end of cooking remove the joint and brush with the mint sauce and return to the oven.
Serve with the redcurrant & rosemary gravy, veg, crispy roast potatoes and a dollop of mint sauce!
Carrots & Parsnips
Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and roast in the oven! If you have some local honey, try mixing this with your olive oil for an extra treat.
Cauliflower & Broccoli
However you like them - steamed, boiled or baked with your favourite British Farmhouse cheddar!
For us it has to be roasties! For the best roast potatoes, parboil them for 10 minutes before popping on to a tray and covering in your favourite cooking oil. The higher the smoking point of the cooking fat, the crispier the spuds!