Date Night Steak Night!
COLLECTION OR DELIVERY | TUESDAY - SATURDAY
Hand cut weighed items | please allow 5% variation
This date night meal box includes everything that you need for a delicious steak dinner with a loved one!
Your 'Date Night Steak Night!' box will include; The Darts Farm Butchers 8oz Fillet & 10oz Sirloin Steak, a bunch of French Beans, The Tomato Stall Cherry Vine Tomatoes, Forest Fungi King Oyster Mushroom, Pott's Three Peppercorn & Brandy Sauce, The Garlic Farm Bulb of Garlic, 1kg Darts Own Potatoes & a few fresh sprigs of Rosemary.
Feeling adventurous? Why not try making a herb butter with some tips from our Master Butchers in their Guide To The Perfect Steak Supper!
- The Darts Farm Butchers 8oz Fillet & 10oz Sirloin Steak
Our Master Butchers, Phillip and Alastair, are experts in sourcing and hand selecting the finest quality, locally reared meat. You'll see our own Ruby Red cattle grazing on the banks of the River Clyst - a native Devon breed producing the highest quality beef. The Reds are a slower growing breed & they take time to grow to their natural maturity - producing something a little bit special.
40 Day Hung & Dry Aged 8oz Fillet Steak - the most lean and tender of all steaks, making it the most prized of cuts. Perfect for a special occasion.
40 Day Hung & Dry Aged 10oz Sirloin Steak - One of the most delightful steaks you can have, it has a layer of fat running around the eye of the meat, to ensure full flavour.
- 1kg Devon New Potatoes - Beautiful, fresh and full of flavour! Optimal climatic conditions mean that Cornwall and Devon yield the earliest of the UKs potato crop each year. Devon New Potatoes are incredibly versatile; they are delicious simply boiled with a knob of butter or fried with little bit of garlic and rosemary.
- Fine Beans - With a crisp texture and just the right amount of sweetness, you can’t beat the snap of a fresh fine bean. Simply boil for a few minutes and season with salt!
- The Tomato Stall, Cherry Vine Tomatoes - The Tomato Stall have been been growing tomatoes in the rich and fertile Arreton Valley for almost 15 years. The Island’s unique maritime climate and their southern location on the Isle of Wight boasts some of the best sunshine levels in the UK, helping them to grow some of Britain's tastiest tomatoes.
- Forest Fungi, King Oyster Mushroom - Scott and his family grow their gourmet, organic mushrooms in Dawlish. Their 'Shroom Rooms' create a micro climate similar to that in Asia - meaning the family team provide the highest quality care and attention throughout the whole growing process, resulting in the best tasting, fresh mushrooms!
- The Bay Tree Peppercorn Sauce - Emma Macdonald marries traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create The Bay Tree’s delicious sauces; this creamy sauce is the perfect partner for steak!
- The Garlic Farm, Bulb of Garlic - Colin, Jenny and their family have been growing and hand picking their garlic on the Isle of Wight for over 40 years. The unique conditions mean the garlic is bursting with flavour.
Not forgetting a few fresh sprigs of Rosemary...the herb's piney flavour makes it a wonderful pairing to beef. We recommend using the garlic, rosemary and some salt as a rub before frying with butter!
Depending on your taste, there are four wines that we recommend pairing with your steak dinner; Sharpham Pinot Noir, Domaines Barons de Rothschild Blason D'Aussieres, Domaine Vincent Bouzereau Pommard or Cascina Fontana Barbera D'Alba. To discover your perfect date night tipple, head to our red wine selection.
*At times hamper contents may vary due to stock availability, but items will be replaced with products of the same or higher value and quality.
Let your steak reach room temperature before cooking and season with salt and pepper.
In a pan with butter - and garlic and rosemary if you would like - cook your steak to just how you like it (time may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the cut so keep a close eye!)
Blue: 1 minute per side
Rare: 1 minute 30 seconds per side
Medium Rare: 2 minutes per side
Medium: 2 minutes 15 seconds per side
Well-done: 4 minutes per side
Let it rest before so that the juices are absorbed back into the meat, add some more salt and serve with your potatoes, fresh veg and The Bay Tree Peppercorn Sauce and enjoy!
King Oyster Mushroom
Carefully slice your mushroom in half lengthways and lightly score a diagonal crisscross pattern into the cut side.
Place a pan over a high heat and once it is almost smoking, add a drizzle of olive oil and the mushroom (cut side down).
Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden in colour.
Add butter, once melted season with salt and garlic.
Turn the mushroom over and baste with the butter until cooked through and then drain on kitchen roll.
Roasted Cherry Vine Tomatoes
Put the tomatoes, still on the vine, onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for around 15 minutes. Spoon over the oil and juices to serve.
Cook to preference, whether that is steaming or roasting in olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper!